Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad

I am trying to figure out what to eat here in the summer when it is hot outside and hot inside, and I don't have a grill, so I threw this together last night and it is a keeper!!! This is probably one of the only recipes I have made up so I am pretty proud. It was really easy too. Unfortunately I don't have exact measurements, so just do it to taste.

Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad

1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
penne pasta cooked according to package ( I use 1/2 bag of Costco Penne)(use whatever you have on hand! bowtie would be very good)
1/2 C - 1 C peas (toss into boiling pasta the last minute of cooking)
1 chopped green onion
handful of diced tomato
ranch dressing
freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 C diced cucumber (new addition. it was wonderful!)

Drain pasta & peas and run under cold water to cool. put in large bowl and toss with chicken, green onions & tomato. Drizzle with ranch dressing per taste & sprinkle with parmesan. Mix together and chill or serve immediately. Sprinkle with pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment