Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nachos

Clark wanted nachos and he wanted them on a platter - family style so this is what we came up with. Refried beans (see note) dolloped with sour cream and cilantro surrounded by chips and melted cheese, and topped with lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, pretty much anything you like/have on hand.


I don't like canned refried beans, so I made my own with this recipe for Black Beans. I drained off a lot of the liquid before mashing however. I plopped the cooked beans in the middle and surrounded with cheese and put it in the oven until melted. Then added everything else.

I wanted chicken, but Clark didn't, so half has chicken for us. Chicken cooked as per quesadilla recipe.

Eat it family style - it is a social meal. No plates needed.

p.s the lettuce is from my garden....yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment