Thursday, May 14, 2009

French Toast

I know what you are thinking...."yeah right, I don't need a recipe for this," but after I started making french toast this way, I will never make it the old way again. The problem I have had for years is that I always thought french toast was either too eggy or soggy. I have since learned that too much milk makes it soggy and too little makes it eggy. The secret ingredient in this recipe is flour added to the batter! Perfect french toast every time! I found this in a "Top secret restaurant recipes" book and apparently this is IHOP's recipe. I have adjusted it just a bit for my own liking though (their recipe is for 2 eggs).

French Toast

3 eggs
1/4 C milk
3 Tb flour
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla


So that you never have to read this recipe ever again, just remember one Tb flour per egg. I plan on one egg per person. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment